Sunday, October 25, 2009

Apartment Progress

Finally our apartment has started to look more like a home. We've been here 2 1/2 months, but only last week did we get a coffee table. It's mine, as Anuja had just bought a coffee table earlier this year. A coffee table that her movers ended up "losing" (much like they "lost" her printer). She was ok with not having one, but I thought it was a shame to have a big, beautiful living room with lots of light - and not even a coffee table to put your drink on.

It's cute, but high-end furniture it is not. For $80, I got a coffee table and two end tables - you can see part of one of the end tables in the photo below. Now all I need is a lamp to put on it. Then we'll finally be able to stop turning on the awful overhead light. The other end table replaced the cardboard box I was using as a nightstand. Moving up in the world! Ah, the joys of living on a student budget. The living room is still a little bare, but I plan to bring some more things back with me after Christmas.


The new coffee table: Cheap chic

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I followed this journal from your China one. I was just accepted to teach English in China through CIEE and would love to discuss your experience with you! Perhaps you have some advice/suggestions for me, a professional female who is leaving it all to go across the world, and then on to graduate school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can contact me at:
    patriciarbarber@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete