Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood

The weather here has been bizarre - maybe it's not just Newfoundland that has wacky weather. It was cold all last week. On Friday night, it even dipped just below the freezing mark. Today, Sunday, it's more than 20 degrees C. It was a beautiful day. At least I managed to get out and enjoy some of it. I met a friend who had invited me to have brunch with a group of her girlfriends. It was a nice afternoon. I'm starting to see the importance of developing a social network outside the MBA program. The people in my class are fantastic, but I want to get to know people outside b-school as well. Sometimes you don't want to "talk shop"!

When I came back, I settled back down to Accounting. It might be boring, but at least this is the view that I have from my desk:



It might not look like much from the photo, but there are beautiful old townhouses across the street. It's a beautiful neighbourhood and the fall colours make it even more so. We're even on a tour bus route. Today from my window I could see tourists taking photos. I have to say, it's wonderful to live in a neighbourhood that people want to capture in photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment